Ofgem introduced rules in 2014 to increase liquidity in the wholesale markets and improve access to forward markets for small suppliers.
The "Liquidity in the Wholesale Electricity Market" special licence condition applies to RWE Generation UK as well as several other large generators in the GB market. It came into force on 31 March 2014.
Part of this new special licence condition is the "Request for Trading Agreement", which sets out the process for the negotiation of trading agreements with Eligible Suppliers (known as a Grid Trade Master Agreement, or GTMA). More information, including a list of Eligible Suppliers, is available on the Ofgem website:
Should you be an Eligible Supplier and wish to apply for a GTMA with the RWE Group, please contact Olivia Hartridge, James Averies or Stuart Bird by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receipt of your enquiry, an application form requesting the following information will be sent to you by email for completion and return:
- General counterparty information (full legal entity name, registered address, trading address if different, website)
- Company information (commercial register number, VAT number, description of nature of business, list of board directors, ultimate beneficial ownership structure, stock exchange upon which company or shareholder entities are listed if relevant)
- Bank details for trading agreement
- EMIR and REMIT reporting information (EMIR status, LEI code, ACER code)
- Approach to generating unique transaction identifier (UTI)
- UK power scheduling information under BSCP71/01
- Contact information (trading agreement, confirmations, invoicing, finance, compliance, EMIR and REMIT reporting)
- Supporting documents: (i) commercial register excerpt or other equivalent document (ii) last two audited financial statements (if available given date of establishment of company) (iii) documents identifying ultimate beneficial ownership
Please note that any missing information will delay the preparation of the trading agreement.
If you would prefer to speak to the team in person at any time, then please call +44(0)1793 877777.