At a glance
|Requirements||The RWE Supply & Trading graduate development programme is the best way for university graduates to kick-start their careers in international energy trading.|
|Number of projects/assignments||Four, each lasting six months.|
|Start of programme||Information will soon be provided.|
|Company||RWE Supply & Trading GmbH|
|Locations||Essen, Swindon, London, Singapore|
|Post abroad||Upon request|
|Desired position after completion||We will arrange this with you in the course of the programme.|
Are you ready to learn everything there is to know about working at a leading European energy trading house? The Commercial Graduate Programme will equip you with an understanding of how we operate as a company, and lay the foundations for your future career. You’ll be given significant exposure to all aspects of our value chain as you undertake four rotations.
You get to choose four rotations within these business areas:
- Proprietary trading of energy commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG)
- Commercial asset optimisation
- Sales and origination
- Analytical functions such as structuring and valuation or risk management
- Principal investments, commodity solutions and other areas you may not expect to be part of a trading business.
One of your rotations will be in a non-trading function, to give you a broader knowledge of the business as a whole.
Learning, support and development
Whichever path you choose, we’ll guide and support you as you take on challenging and exciting projects. Learning will be a mixture of online education, face to face workshops and technical on-the-job training. You’ll learn from industry experts, and be exposed to every aspect of the energy value chain.
You’ll be assigned a buddy, a previous graduate who will share their experience and offer support. They are there for you even before your first day so you’ll feel supported from the outset. You’ll also be able to choose a senior mentor from a pool of many, to guide you through your graduate journey. They will advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people in the business.
You’ll be given development opportunities, including networking events where you will meet senior managers and the board.
Who this programme would be suitable for and what we expect of our trainees
We are looking for graduates with:
- a passion for the energy industry
- a 2:1 or above in Maths, Physics, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or a comparable discipline
- very strong analytical and numerical skills
- a highly motivated and proactive attitude, combined with the ability to work independently
- excellent communication skills, with fluent English
- the ability to learn quickly and take accountability
- a resilient and hardworking nature
- strong team-working skills
- relevant experience or internships in the energy or finance sector (beneficial, not essential)
Why choose us?
We were voted No.1 Energy & Utilities company for graduates to work for in 2017/18 by TheJobCrowd – the only ranking based on graduate reviews. Our employees value the Commercial Graduate Programme highly – perhaps as so many came via that route themselves. As a result, they are happy to share their knowledge and really help you flourish and progress. Most of our graduates are drawn to us because we allow you to choose your own rotations. This gives you the opportunity to find out which business areas you enjoy and excel in, while moving around the UK or abroad.
For more information regarding the RWE Supply & Trading Graduate Programmes please click here.
Our application process
We have summarised the individual steps for you so that you know what to expect in the application process.
- Application with CV & Motivation letter
- Numerical online test
- Video interview
- Assessment cente
We recommend that you take a look at our application tips before you apply. Here you will find out what is important to us.