Application Developer for Automated Trading m/f/t
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH, CAO CE Embedded, Essen, Germany (DE)
To start as soon as possible, Full time, Permanent
The Automated Trading Desk drives the digitalisation journey of RWE’s Commercial Asset Optimisation unit which is responsible for the monetarisation of the RWE generation fleet as well as third party business from long term hedging over short-term to intraday trading and ancillary services. In the course of extracting the maximum value out of the asset flexibility on various commodity markets across Europe and beyond, dedicated best-in-class IT is key. As application developer for automated trading in the IT team, you will work next to the traders of the Automated Trading Desk on Europe’s largest energy trading floor to facilitate the joint aim to run a top tier algorithmic commodity desk.
Your future plans
You will work closely with the ambitious Automated Trading Desk and highly motivated application developers in a very agile, Scrum-based working environment. In that role you will develop and implement algorithmic and systematic trading strategies in a robust framework as well as help streamlining business processes by end-to-end automation engineering.
Applying state-of-the-art technology, you will own a crucial role in enabling the traders to optimise and trade various products in multiple external and internal commodity markets. You will explore, evaluate, and deliver innovative solutions in short development cycles. As a matter of course, from the start you will be a fully-fledged member of a performance driven team which daily lives a very open feedback culture to deliver optimal solutions.
Your further accountabilities will be:
- Perform development tasks and ensure that implementation meets timelines and level of quality, both independently and as part of a team
- Design robust, sustainable, and scalable application components and data models which fit into the complex front office IT landscape
- Participate actively in AI and machine learning projects
- Support traders in solving crucial ad-hoc issues that arise during day-to-day operations
- Play an active role in sprint planning meetings and evaluate and scrutinise traders’ user stories in terms of complexity and implementation options.
- Report development progress to traders, IT colleagues, and management
- Understand the Quality Assurance process and execute QA on other developers’ work
- Participate in the development and documentation of coding standards
- Be part of a 24x7 on-call support team to provide cover outside normal business hours if required
Your powerful skills
- You have a thorough understanding of Application development based on .Net. technologies. You are well skilled and have experience in the practical use of technologies and frameworks such as:
C#.NET, ADO.NET, ODP, WPF, WCF, Win Forms, Entity Framework, etc.
- Experience in continues integration and automated deployment (Team City, Chef, Azure DevOps)
- Ability to build Web or Restful API’s.
- Experience in building and using micro service based architecture, Message Queues (Rabbit MQ, Active MQ, etc.)
- Understanding of relational databases (Oracle SQL, MS SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in using PaaS cloud services, ideally out of AWS
- Uses time effectively and efficiently and can multi-task with changing priorities
- Ability to present complex ideas (verbally/written)
- Team player, who communicates effectively with team members and other stakeholders
- Good German and English language skills, written and spoken
Benefits you can rely on
At RWE, you will find all the advantages of a large technology group. And some merits that are even more crucial: openness and real team work. For we are open to the future and are building on the strengths of each and every individual. We value his/her work and opinion; we listen, pursue active ideas management and engage in direct exchanges. Respect, appreciation and mutual trust are the hallmarks of cooperation within the international RWE team.
Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 20681
Any questions? Christina Beatrix Hoppe (Recruiting), T: +49 201 5179-3257, Daniel Laskowski (specialist department), T: +49 201 12 28400
We look forward to meeting you!
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Xing, too.
Powering. Reliable. Future. This is RWE. Supplying the future with renewable energy requires not only courage and visions, but the security of a reliable infrastructure as well. RWE has 120 years of experience in an energy world that is constantly changing. And a clear future strategy.
RWE Supply & Trading is the interface between RWE and energy markets around the world. Around 1,600 employees from 40 nations trade electricity, gas, commodities, and CO₂ emission certificates. Aided by precise market analyses and guided by high customer orientation, they create innovative Energy supply solutions as well as concepts for risk management in industrial companies. The trading company also ensures the commercial optimisation of the RWE power plants, operates storage for natural gas, and markets the renewable energy generated by RWE Renewables.