RWE Aktiengesellschaft (‘RWE’) offers subscriptions to a newsletter to interested individuals. In so doing, RWE offers them the opportunity to receive information on RWE shares and from the RWE Group via e-mail on a regular basis. This offer is subject to the following provisions.
Section 1: Registration
(1) You can register for the RWE Newsletter via the double opt-in procedure. To do so, you sign up for the subscription to the newsletter using your e-mail address. You will then automatically receive an e-mail at the e-mail address you have provided. By responding to this e-mail, you confirm your registration for the subscription to the RWE Newsletter once again. This procedure prevents people from providing someone else’s e-mail address for the subscription to the newsletter either without permission or by mistake.
(2) Upon successful registration for the subscription to the newsletter, these General Terms and Conditions are deemed accepted
Section 2: Provision of general data and information
(1) RWE endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information and data in its newsletter and on its website. However, RWE shall not be held liable for or guarantee the topicality, accuracy or completeness of the information and data provided. This shall also apply to all websites to which hyperlinks refer. RWE is not responsible for the content of websites accessed by following such hyperlinks. RWE reserves the right to make changes and supplements to the information and data provided without prior notice.
(2) The information in the newsletter and on the website contains forward-looking statements. These statements reflect the views, expectations and assumptions of the management when they are made and are based on information available to the management when they are made. Forward-looking statements shall not be construed as a promise of the materialisation of future results and developments and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results and developments may thus differ materially from the expectations and assumptions expressed therein due to various factors. These factors primarily include changes in the general economic and competitive environment. Moreover, developments on financial markets and currency exchange rate fluctuations, changes in national and international laws and regulations, in particular with respect to tax regulations, and other factors may affect the future results and developments of the company. Neither RWE nor any of its affiliates assumes any obligations to update any forward-looking statements contained in this notification.
Section 3: Stock market data
(1) The stock market data contained in the newsletter and on the website is provided by Eurolandcom AB. RWE shall not be held liable for the topicality, accuracy or completeness of this transmitted information and data. The information and data (including stock market quotations) provided in the newsletter and on the website give the user an overview of our group of companies for informational purposes and may not be construed as a suggestion or solicitation of a purchase, sale or other trade of securities.
(2) RWE shall not be held liable for any direct or indirect damages, including lost profits, resulting from the use of the information or data found on this website.
(3) This shall not apply to the rights and duties existing between RWE and the user of the newsletter or third parties.
Section 4: Contractual relationships
(1) The newsletter may include collaborative ventures with various service providers. RWE enables the users to access the websites of partner companies via the newsletter. By using these services, newsletter subscription users enter into a contractual relationship with the service provider or partner company in question, to which the relevant contractual provisions of the service provider or partner company apply.
(2) The legal and content-related responsibility for the services offered on these partner company websites is solely borne by the partner company in question, the website of which can be accessed via the newsletter. The use of the services of a service provider results in contractual relationships only with the partner company in question and the user in accordance with the provisions applicable to this contractual relationship.
Section 5: Liability
(1) RWE shall endeavour to avoid technical malfunction in relation to the dispatch of the newsletter to the extent possible. However, without prejudice to the other provisions of the disclaimer in the masthead of RWE, RWE shall not be held liable for damages caused by errors, delays or interruptions in transmission, the malfunction of technical facilities, interruptions of service, inaccurate content, the loss or deletion of data, viruses or any other factors affecting the subscription to the newsletter, unless such damages are caused by RWE, its employees or agents with gross negligence.
(2) The aforementioned limitations of liability shall not prejudice RWE’s liability pursuant to the German Product Liability Act or other mandatory legal requirements. RWE’s liability shall otherwise be excluded.
(3) No liability shall be assumed for prices of products and services placed in the newsletter.
Section 6: Changes in the General Terms and Conditions/suspension and discontinuation of the newsletter service
(1) RWE reserves the right to completely or partially change these General Terms and Conditions governing this voluntary offer at any time. In such an event, the users shall be informed of the changed General Terms and Conditions via a notice sent to the e-mail address used in the registration process. The user shall be deemed to have approved the changed General Terms and Conditions by continuing his/her subscription unless he/she objects to them expressly. RWE shall inform the user of the implied approval in the change notification. Such a refusal to approve changed General Terms and Conditions shall result in the user being deregistered from the subscription to the newsletter and not receiving further newsletters.
(2) The subscriber does not have a right to receive the newsletter service. RWE shall be entitled to temporarily suspend the distribution of the newsletter and to discontinue it in full or in part at any time.
Section 7: Cancellation
(1) The subscription to the newsletter may be cancelled by the user at any time without giving notice. The unsubscribe link contained in the newsletter must be used to cancel the subscription.
(2) The cancellation shall result in RWE deleting the personal data stored in accordance with in-house time limits. In the event of a cancellation of the subscription to the newsletter, RWE shall stop sending newsletters via e-mail.
Section 8: Copyright
(1) The RWE Newsletter may only be published with RWE’s full prior consent. However, the newsletter may be forwarded for non-commercial purposes. All trade marks (names and/or logos) depicted in the newsletter may generally only be used by the owners of the trade marks.
(2) All of the contents of the newsletter are subject to copyright. The reproduction of information and data – in particular the use of texts, text passages and images – requires RWE’s prior approval.
(3) Unless mentioned otherwise, the image rights are held by RWE as well as iStockphoto LP and Fotolia. Copying and unauthorised use – both commercial and non-commercial – without the prior approval of the rights owner is prohibited.
Section 9: Data protection
(1) We only process the e-mail address, your name and other personal data you provide when ordering the newsletter so that we can send you this newsletter regularly.
(2) The legal basis for processing the e-mail address you provide is your consent pursuant to Section 6, Paragraph 1 of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO). We have obtained this consent through the double opt-in procedure and documented it. In connection with data processing for the dispatch of newsletters, data will only be passed on to third parties to the extent required for the provision of the service.
(3) You have the right to revoke the consent you gave us to dispatch the newsletter at any time in the future by clicking the "Unsubscribe" button. Your revocation does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until your revocation. Otherwise you can contact us at any time, e.g. by post, and unsubscribe from the newsletter.
(4) After you have unsubscribed from the newsletter by clicking the "Unsubscribe” button, you will be removed from the mailing list. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. If you send us the revocation by post or e-mail, we cannot guarantee that it is processed immediately.
(5) You can request further information on data protection at RWE by entering the keyword "data protection" at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section 10: Final provisions
All disputes arising from or in connection with the present provisions shall be subject to the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Essen shall be the place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from or in connection with the present provisions.
Last updated: June 2018