Commercial Graduate Programme
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Start date: September 2021
Grow your potential
It’s amazing what you can achieve on the RWEST Commercial Graduate Programme.
From your first day, you’ll have opportunities to work alongside industry experts and drive the success of a leading European energy trading house.
In the long term, there’s no limit to what you do, as you continue to grow your skills, build your career and potentially join the many RWEST managers and traders who came through the programme themselves.
Here’s the deal
You’ll progress through four six-month placements of your own choosing, doing meaningful work across wide-ranging areas of our business including at least one non-trading function. These areas could include:
- Proprietary trading of energy commodities (power, coal, gas, oil, LNG)
- Commercial Asset Optimisation
- Freight and Logistics (Shipping)
- Sales and Origination
- Structuring and Valuation
- Risk Management
- Data Science
- Back Office
- Finance Controlling…
- …and much more
Are you passionate about energy? Excited by the idea of exploring new markets with a commercial business that’s growing on a global scale? Keen to learn, grow and take accountability? Then you could be just who we’re looking for. Some relevant work experience would be an advantage but is not essential. What you must have is:
- Degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in a highly analytical and numerical subject, such as mathematics, physics, engineering, maritime or economics
- Strong entrepreneurial, analytical and teamworking skills
- Excellent communication skills including fluent English
- Strong IT proficiency and commercial aptitude
- Willingness to move between multiple locations
We’ll give you the chance to shape your own career path – and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned an ex-graduate buddy and a senior mentor of your choice who can advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people within the business. We also offer a wide range of development opportunities and networking events.
Other great benefits include:
- Competitive salary plus annual discretionary bonus
- Access to a modern refurbished trading floor in a great location
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies
- Paid subscription to membership of relevant associations, e.g. Young Energy Professionals
Please note that it is mandatory to upload your CV and cover letter in English. You will need to submit these as one document to apply. Furthermore, your CV should include your recent university and A-Level (or equivalent) grades.
Do we have a done deal?
Find out more at www.rwestcareers.com
Any questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity. You will, of course, also find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Xing.
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH is a subsidiary of RWE AG with a workforce of around 1,300. Located in Essen, Germany, it is a leading European energy trader and hub for all tradable commodities including gas, coal, oil and power.
Its portfolio also includes emission certificates, freight, weather derivatives and biomass. The Company is responsible for the commercial optimisation of RWE’s entire non-regulated gas business and offers large industrial companies and trading partners trading-based portfolio management, long-term supply concepts and risk management solutions.